Friday, January 13, 2012

Pipecleaner 'Sewing'

I nabbed this little plastic 'canvas' at Riot Art N' Craft the other day, knowing that it's one of those items which will play a myriad of different roles in our art box. The first (and simplest) activity I could think of was 'sewing' with pipecleaners. It's actually as simple as it sounds.


Pipecleaners + Plastic Canvas = Happy Eden








"Smile for the camera, honey" 

Check out her masterpiece! How cool is that?! This is a wonderful fine motor skill activity, and is quite satisfying for your tot to see the fruits of their labours immediately. Unlike real hand sewing, ay mums? 
When I asked Eden what she had sewn, she said "a beautiful picture, of course, Mum" and then gave me a look as if I had asked her if water was wet. A beautiful picture it is. ~L.

7 comments:

  1. I have some shelf liner that might work for this...my 2 year old my like to try his hand at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!

    Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti. Happy to have found your blog and am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how vibrant your sculpture is. Thanks for joining in with the first Kids Art Explorers - hope you'll play along next month too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, we're pretty proud of her sculpture! Can't wait to join in the next Kids Art Explorers! :D

      Delete
  4. We gave it a try too! Thanks for the great idea. Here's my post ... http://blog.playdrhutch.com/2012/02/27/honors-first-sewing-project/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...