Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quiet Time Boxes - Wednesday

DSC_0025 

I was not anticipating a win in the Quiet Time Box department today. I felt that I did not have enough in today's box to occupy Eden, and even took an eleventh hour trip to the local Op Shop to see if I could find anything to pad it out. I couldn't. As I said, I was not anticipating a win.
I was wrong.
Apparently, the few items that I provided amounted to "the best box ever, Mummy! Apart from the other boxes, too!" Well said Eden, as only a four-year-old could phrase it. So, what was in Wednesday's box?



Theme: Numeracy

Contents:
  • Laminated number tracing page, from Eden's curriculum (Confessions of a Homeschooler, if you want to read more about the curriculum itself, see this post)
  • Dry erase crayon, for use with the tracing page
  • 'Clothes pin number match' wheel, and numbered clothes pegs (the wheel is also from the curriculum at Confessions of a Homeschooler)
  • Barbie jigsaw puzzle (70 cents)
  • A tin of dominoes to play with, picked up from a local shop for $6
  • A mini magnadoodle board
  • Kaleidoscope
  • Interlocking discs
  • Calculator
  • Tangram blocks 
  • Tangram board
  • Patterning tangram cards (also from the curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler)
  • A Mickey Mouse stationary set ($2 from Sam's Warehouse) which consisted of a notebook, a pencil, an eraser and a sharpener
DSC_0256 

Quiet Time: I had to cut Eden's Quiet Time short today after an hour and a half, and I was surprised to find her still busily exploring the contents of her tub. She had sharpened her pencil - a lot - and was very proud of how pointy it was! She had also taken many 'notes' in her notebook based on her "calerations" [calculations] on the calculator, and had completed the peg wheel and jigsaw puzzle. She said her favourite item in the tub was the sharpener! Go figure!

If you would like to check out the other posts in this series, look no further than here:
Monday's Box
Tuesday's Box 
Thursday's Box


Thanks for reading, happy Quiet Time-ing! ~ L.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetheart, I think you are doing a great job on your blog and I enjoy reading about all the fun activities you do with our girls, I do not know how you come up with these ideas, you are very creative. I love you so much baby. Your loving husband. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling, you're the best, thank you for commenting and making me smile. Love you so much too. L

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...