Friday, May 11, 2012

Chef or Pharmacist?

Eden loves to cook, in both the real sense and the play sense. The other day she asked if I could make her a kitchen outside so that she could cook like Mummy. Five minutes later and she was all set up!



She mixed and stirred and measured and carefully doled out portions of pasta into eggcups, and declared that the medicine was all ready. 
Medicine? I thought she was cooking!?
"I am cooking Mummy, I'm cooking medicine to make the sick children feel better!"
What sick children?
"The sick children somewhere. I dunno! There's some sick children somewhere!"
Naturally.

Our Medicine cups
I love it when she busies herself like this. She gets so serious, and I can't help but wonder what's going on inside her head. Here she is concocting her medicine-food combos...

 
 


To vary this activity, you could dye the pasta, use different foodstuffs like cereal, vegetable offcuts (potato peelings, the tops of carrots, etc), cous cous or chickpeas. If you're feeling brave, you may even add water to it and see what kinds of gloopy, sloppy 'foods' your child comes up with!
Thanks for reading! ~ L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...