Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pretty Chrissy Ornaments




To make these pretty hanging decorations, I cut out two circles of clear contact paper, one slightly larger than the other, and taped the smaller circle to the table, sticky side up. I also had a little bowl with some tissue paper squares, shiny wrapping paper, bits of ribbon, Christmas stickers, and pictures cut from old Chrissy cards in it.


Eden set to immediately, placing her chosen bits and pieces all over the contact paper circle...



When she was finished with one, I placed the other (larger) contact circle on top, so the sticky sides of the circles were against each other, allowing about an inch of overhang...


Then (after removing the tape), I made some small slits around the overhanging part of the contact, and then folded the edges over, like so...



Punch a hole in it, thread some ribbon through it, and you have some really lovely decorations you can proudly display in your home! 


Eden made three, and here she is showing them off...



This was a real cinch, and I think it'd be a great one for younger toddlers who may sometimes feel frustrated by their inability to participate in these sorts of activities. I wanted Ava (nearly 8 months old) to do one, but she's teething - so everything goes in the mouth first. Still, I think this is one even she could do! Let me know what you think! ~L.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, your ideas just blow my mind! How do you come up with all of these amazing activities?? You are truly a phenomenal woman. By the time I have some kids to do these activities with, I will have enough stuff to keep them occupied for all of time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D
    You are an awesome friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...