Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello 2012!

Hello and welcome back, lovely people! I trust that you all had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year's? We did, but my, have we been busy since! My eldest daughter, Eden just celebrated her third birthday, and we held a little party for her at home.


Unfortunately, me being me, I decided to make everything: I sewed the costumes (I don't know how to sew),  I made the decorations (I'm not good at crafts) and I baked the cake (I'm no baker, but I try!)...let me tell you, it was sheer insanity. However, the party day finally came and all the children - especially our little Birthday Girl - seemed to have a great time, so it was all worth it.
I copped a few verbal swipes from some people, who chided me for 'overdoing it', but I don't see it that way at all! The way I see it, my children only have a scarce handful of childhood years, and my husband and I want to make those years as happy, memorable, stimulating and FANTASTIC for our kids as possible. Judging by Eden's face on her Big Day, this party was one such occasion for her...
If your family is anything like mine, I'm sure you've all been busy trying to find space in your home for the influx of toys and miscellany which your children acquired over the Christmas period. I know that in our household, activities have taken a back seat to sussing out all the new toys and gadgets, etc. Hence, why I have no new posts...my daughter has been too busy for me! ;>
BUT, I am soooooo looking forward to this year, and I have an enormous backlog (mentally) of art/activities/things-I-am-dying-to-do which I look forward to sharing with you.
Thanks for reading! ~ L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...