Monday, October 10, 2011

Kitchen Mini-Mobiles

Ok, so the photo isn't great, but Ava still loves it. My little nearly-6-month-old loves to be in her walker for short periods of time throughout the day, and to encourage her to move around I put different items within her reach. One of the easiest places to do this is the kitchen, because of the handles on the cabinetry.
I take some of my utensils which are safe for littlies, and hang them with yarn from the handles, usually about two items together; whisks, measuring spoons and cups, wooden spoons, spatulas, ladles, tea-strainers, bamboo skewers...just kidding about that last one!
Ava wanders around the kitchen reaching for them, banging them about, and sucking on them. Eden likes to jingle the utensils to get her attention and to entice her around the space. From doing this, Ava has learnt how to direct herself in the walker and how to reach and attain an object by herself. Just remember that the items are hanging on your cupboards! More than once I've found myself looking for that measuring spoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...